RESEARCH AND DEVELOPEMENT, AN ACTIVITY AT OUR CUSTOMERS’ SERVICE
The research and the industrial development of new technical solutions are essential to meet the expectations of our customers and anticipate their future needs. Our R&D department has a team of experts in scientific calculations by finite elements in 2 or 3 dimensions and an integrated laboratory dedicated to the search and the qualification of new materials and components.
Our strategy of development articulates around 3 main axes:
The continuous improvement of the performances and the reliability of transformers:
- Reduction of losses and optimization of cooling systems for a greater thermal reliability.
- Integration of optimization loops under constraints in our calculation software taking into account our return of experience in test.
- Optimization of the design of insulating pieces for a better dielectric reliability.
- Qualification of new materials (high performance magnetic steel).
- Qualification of new peripheral equipment for reliable operation of transformers in service.
The development of innovative technological solutions with high added value for our customers:
- Design and development of a new generation of on-board traction transformers aiming to a notable improvement of performances.
- Industrial developments of a new generation of medium power transformers.
The sustainability of the know-how and the evolution of the technical competences:
- Developments of partnerships with universities and engineering schools.
- Active participation to national and international working groups (CIGRE, IEC, IEEE …)
- Continuous training of our technical teams.
Example of 3D model for magnetic simulation of a shell-type transformer: